In today’s digital age, independent businesses need to make their mark in the online world to stand out and thrive. While the world of social media might seem overwhelming, it’s an essential avenue for reaching a broader audience. Let’s explore some top tips for indy businesses to increase their visibility (hint, harnessing the power of social media platforms and listing with Local Life are simple steps to success).
Make the Most Out of Social Media
Social media can be a game-changer for small businesses. It’s an affordable way to connect with your audience and showcase your brand.
1. Utilise Facebook and Instagram: These platforms are free and, in today’s day and age, essential for small businesses. They provide a space to engage with customers, share your story, and showcase your products or services.
2. Maximise Instagram Reels: Instagram Reels are a fantastic way to increase your reach. Instagram favours short video content, and it’s what people want to see right now so upload as many reels as you can. Use Reels to provide glimpses behind the scenes, unveil new products, and even show how you package orders. It’s a place where you can show pretty much any angle of your business and people will enjoy it.
3. Embrace TikTok: Don’t overlook TikTok. It’s a platform where you can create engaging, short videos that resonate with a younger audience. Showcasing the inner workings of your business or sharing your products in creative ways can help you reach a new demographic. Plus the active monthly users for TikTok are a mind-blowing 1 billion people so you may as well get your business on there.
4. Harness the Power of Hashtags: While some might argue that hashtags are outdated, they are still an effective way for people to discover your content. When potential customers search for something specific, you want your business to show up in those results. If you don’t want to clog up your captions, pop it as a comment instead.
5. Make the most of Stories: Stories are a perfect way to give your audience a peek behind the business. Sharing “a day in the life” of a small business owner can be both entertaining and relatable for your followers. Try and post stories most days if you can.
6. Build an Email List: Slightly different kind of social media but email marketing is a powerful way to keep your customers in the loop about your latest offerings, promotions, and updates. A strong email list will enable you to reach your customers effectively.
List with Local Life
Local Life is a platform that can be a game-changer for your small business. When you list your business with Local Life, you gain access to a range of benefits:
1. Social Media Exposure: If you list with Local Life, when we come to your high street, we will automatically feature your business across our socials and website. This kind of exposure can significantly boost your visibility and connect you with potential customers.
2. Be a Main Feature on the Website: Local Life listings have the chance to be a main feature on our website. This means that your business gets the spotlight it deserves, helping you stand out from the competition.
3. Inclusion in Town Guides: We also include your business in our town guides, which are actively promoted to your local community. Independent businesses from towns get listed so people can see what’s in their area all in one place. This can significantly increase foot traffic to your high street and drive more business your way.
Join Our Members Club for Exclusive Support
For even more tips, support, and assistance tailored to your business, consider signing up for Local Life’s Members Club. As a member, you’ll receive exclusive benefits, mentorship, and resources to help your small business thrive. The Members Club is dedicated to ensuring your success and helping you make your indy business thrive.
Increasing your small business’s visibility in today’s digital age is crucial. Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok are all powerful tools, and listing your business with Local Life can provide essential exposure and resources to take your business to the next level. Don’t forget to join the Members Club for personalised support and guidance, ensuring that your small business continues to flourish in an ever-evolving digital landscape.